The Forestry Commission

The Forestry Commission

Monday 18 April 2011

Dalby Red Route

We completed the Dalby Forest Red Route in two stages.

Saturday April 9th 2011

Newclose Rigg Bike Trail- Distance 9.4 km
Stage 1 was my first experience of a red route and I loved it! People were friendly and I didn't experience anyone huffing and puffing as I was slower than them. Where possible I stopped and moved over to one side to allow them to whizz past. This did lead to my tremendously impressive fall going down a hill *blush*. The fall itself didn't leave any marks, it was the fact I threw my bike onto the bank to move aside for some very fast approaching skilled riders then fell on it that left it's mark.
After finishing this section we decided to follow the good old blue and green back to the bottom for a hot chocolate and cake.




Saturday April 16th 2011

Stage 2 was not a disappointment. We were dropped off at the top so we could pick up where we left off. First it was the Adderstone 5.3km. The World Cup track looked amazing from here and some very talented riders were rehearsing for the World Cup, one of the coaches spoke to us and chatted about the training and how he wanted them to approach obstacles.






We then followed straight into the Jerry Noddle 5.8km. Utterly stunning views across the glorious moors.




Upright and steady ;-)




Finally the decent of the Riggs and Dales 13.8km. Fantastic but tiring. I loved every second and finished with a huge smile to see my girlie's waiting for us at the end.



No comments:

Post a Comment